BREAK THE HACK:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions
1. GAME DESCRIPTION: The BREAK THE HACK AR GAME (\"Game\") begins on 3 March 2021 at 1000 hours and ends on 3 March 2021 at 2359 hours (the \"Promotion Period\").
The organiser of this Game is the NUS School of Computing ("Organiser"). By participating in the Game, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Organiser, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Organiser is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Game.
2. PRIZE ELIGIBILITY: Only Singaporeans and long-term residents in Singapore born in the years 1996 to 2004 who hold either a (i) valid Junior College, Polytechnic, Institute of Technical Education (ITE), or any equivalent pre-university/post-secondary educational institution student concession card or international student pass (\"Student Card\"), or (ii) a SAF identity card for full-time National Servicemen, or (iii) a National Registration Identification Card (NRIC) or a Foreign Identification Number (FIN) pass (the \"Entrant\") are eligible to win prizes. Current full-time or part-time staff or students of any university in Singapore are not eligible to win prizes.
First Prize: One (1) winner will receive [one (1) Nintendo Switch Lite] (approximate retail value or "ARV": SGD$300)
Runner-up Prize: Two (2) winners will receive [one (1) pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds (black)] (approximate retail value or "ARV": SGD$100)
Only one prize per person will be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Organiser reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Organiser's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Organiser makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Organiser will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prizes may be collected upon presentation of the winner’s Student Card/SAF identity card/NRIC/FIN from the Dean’s Office Reception of the NUS School of Computing within six (6) months from the date that the winners are notified. Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Play the Game during the Promotion Period online and submit an entry by following the instructions on the game interface.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organisations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant's Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Organiser's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Game.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The Grand Prize Winner of the Game will be selected based on the entry with the fastest timestamp that managed to find all eight (8) AR equipment during the Promotion Period. The Lucky Draw Prize Winner(s) will be selected in a random drawing from among all other entries that managed to find at least six (6) AR equipment (except the First Prize Winner) throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted within five (5) working days after the Promotion Period by the Organiser, whose decisions are final.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information by 31 March 2021. Potential Winner must accept a prize by email as directed by the Organiser within seven (7) working days from the notification. The Organiser is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively \"the Prize Claim Documents\"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by the Organiser.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Organiser assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Game; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of the operation of the Game; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant's or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Game or download of any materials in the Game.
If, for any reason, the Game is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Game, the Organiser reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Game in whole or in part. In such an event, the Organiser shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and the Organiser reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Terms and Conditions) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by the Organiser. The Organiser shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Game.
9. SOCIAL NETWORK DISCLAIMER